Forums

Full Version: Taegu,Korea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

1945 War ended and we were advance Occupation Force Taegu,Korea.

We were the first Americans they ever saw. I told you about their tolets, a small hole in the floor and you sqwat on the floor. Four of us were picked to to guard a very large barn, and our out-post was a old 2 room building. We built a shower with wood and a barrel with a hole in bottom and a toilet seat to sit on over a hole in the ground. Every morning we found human waste on the seat, so one night we watched for a couple of hours. A Korean came and in-stead of sitting down he would sqwat on the toilet seat and miss the hole.

I don't know how far we were from our company camp but every morning a jeep would come with a stove and cook and we would have a hot breakfast. The rest of the day was K-rations. One day two of us went duck hunting with M-1 and a Carbine, and got 4 ducks.

Now if you are wondering what was in the barn so valuable that they kept for men there, we were too. So we broke the lock and went in-side and found the barn full of "RICE BOWLS. WHY -----.I don't know he's on second. Later we found that an other out-post had a barn full of Parachutes. I have some pictures of our out-post and our duty as M.P.s in Taegu,Korea. I do not know how to get them on a post but if you give me a e-mail address I will send them e-mail.