Savannah Boys!!!

When is your next reenacting event?  BTW, have family in Acworth.  How far is that from you?

Hope you enjoy your stay here.    :pdt12:

Thanks for the welcome Marion, its great to be around like minded comrades, who share the same interests as my unit mates and I.

We as a unit have not attended any "tacticals" and probably won't largely, seeing as its more for the "reenactors" rather than for the public. Its our choice as we'd like to let the viewing public see what we do so that they can come and learn with the rest of us. We're a unit about giving back not keeping what we experience to ourselves. We feel when we give back to the viewing public and to the young that were contributing to a greater purpose above ourselves and feel the U.S. 3rd Infantry Division feels the same way.

As it is now the younger generation doesn't know or really care in many aspects what these men did for them and, this is how we see it. For us, its a way to put it up in front of them first hand so they can learn about it and give thanks to the soldiers who gave and sacrificed so much for us. The WWII Veterans have been neglected and taken for granted for so many years, its time now that everyone sees them and acknowledges them for their courage and sacrifices before they all pass on.

As for Acworth, I'm actually a LOOOOOONNNNGGGG ways from there I'm on the most northern point of the Georgia Coast in Savannah, Georgia in the greater Chatham County area. I'm roughly 5-5 1/2 hours away from Acworth.

Regards,

Sgt. James Dunigan III

Able Co., U.S. 30th Infantry Regiment

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division(Reenacted)

Messages In This Thread
Savannah Boys!!! - by MARNE - 12-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Savannah Boys!!! - by Walt's Daughter - 12-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Savannah Boys!!! - by MARNE - 12-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Savannah Boys!!! - by Walt's Daughter - 12-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Savannah Boys!!! - by MARNE - 12-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Savannah Boys!!! - by Walt's Daughter - 12-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Savannah Boys!!! - by MARNE - 12-08-2006, 04:05 PM