World War II's Army Eng Fire Fighting Platoons

Aloha Jim,

I am a retired firefighter from Fairfax County, VA. After my retirement I deployed to Iraq for a year and served as a civilian Fire Lieutenant on two US Army Installations. I have always had an interest in military history and have traveled to Normandy France, and Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. I am interested in conducting research about the Engineer Aviation Firefighting Platoons (EAFFP) deployed in England and the European Theater of Operations (ETO). My main goal is to write a series of articles or a book about the EAFFPs. I do not think this subject has been adequately covered and as a member previously posted, if not for service members such as yourself, this history would end up forgotten in the black hole of time. I would like to divide the book into two sections. The first would focus on the EAFFPs at airfields in England who responded to crashes and heroically rescued pilots and crew. The second section would look at the forward deployed AEFFPs in the ETO. What I am looking for are any official records, about training, apparatus, operational reports, incident reports, casualty reports, diaries, and any other useful information. If you could point me in the right directions I would be most appreciative. Thank you for your service. Dennis Donehoo

Messages In This Thread
World War II's Army Eng Fire Fighting Platoons - by Jim Davis - 06-04-2008, 02:22 PM
World War II's Army Eng Fire Fighting Platoons - by RetiredFXCOFF - 12-29-2013, 02:13 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello From Alexandria, VA Interested in Engineer Aviation Firefighting Platoons 90th_history 7 8,917 12-25-2014, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Polar Bear Association of World War II yankeeal 1 4,507 09-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter