359th Engineer looking for any buddies who are still alive

The group photo on the left has a few names written on the back and if I am making them out correctly they read:

Pvt. LM Tarter

Pvt. Howard Davis

Pvt. John Lucas para trooper

My grandfather is the one in the middle in the back, Howard Davis. He could not recall the names of his fellow servicemen until I read the few names on the back. He could not remember the names of the other gentlemen listed.

Howard Davis is on the left in the second photo. There is no name written on the back...only Reims, France, November 2, 1945.

I don't know if the gentlemen in these photos served in the same platoon as Pap or not. His memory is quite fuzzy and he seems to recall the same stories each time we talk (most of them involve a pretty girl :-)). He told me he served in Company A, 359th Engineers, 1st Platoon if that information is helpful. Is there anywhere I can research that platoon specifically and view the names of those enlisted? Thank you all so much for your help! I would love to know if there are any of these guys still around!

Messages In This Thread
359th Engineer looking for any buddies who are still alive - by Ashley Kamp - 03-09-2016, 10:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Knowles - 34th Inf Div - Looking for buddies Walt's Daughter 1 3,499 08-19-2015, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Company A, 359TH Engineer General Service Regiment Dan Dunkin 8 12,048 03-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter