359th Engineer looking for any buddies who are still alive

Received this request a few days ago. If anyone can help, please respond. Thank you as always! Hello,

My Grandfather is a 94 year old WWII vet. Recently, we were going through some old photos and came across some taken while he was enlisted. One photo was of him and 4 of his service buddies. He teared up thinking about them and wondered if any of them were still living. I would like to help him track them down if at all possible. I asked him what unit he served with and he told me Company A 359th Engineers 1st Platoon. I am not well versed in military lingo so I googled it and stumbled upon your forum. I'm not sure if this is where I need to be, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Pap is very proud of his service and I would like to reunite him with his fellow countrymen if at all possible before it is too late. There are few WWII vets left and I believe their stories should be told. Thank you and God Bless!

Ashley Kamp

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
359th Engineer looking for any buddies who are still alive - by Walt's Daughter - 02-17-2016, 10:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Knowles - 34th Inf Div - Looking for buddies Walt's Daughter 1 3,454 08-19-2015, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Company A, 359TH Engineer General Service Regiment Dan Dunkin 8 11,763 03-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter