Sergeant Vincent Consiglio 291st CE

I have just sent a letter to the Colonel. Please read it below.

--------

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Dear Colonel Pergrin:

First off thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I am the daughter of a WWII combat engineer and am currently doing research for my website and book on my dad’s unit, the 540th Combat Engineers and his fellow engineers of VI Corps.

I began my initial search over 18 months ago, and I’ve amassed an unbelievable amount of data. I’ve also had the pleasure of meeting hundreds of vets, their families, and various historians and researchers. Needless to say I feel very blessed and must admit that I couldn’t have gotten this far without that great resource; the Internet.

Since the website’s inception in June 2004, my site has received over 20,000 hits and has been an integral meeting ground not only for VI Corps Combat Engineers, but also those of other engineering and infantry units. Many have approached me for research assistance and I am happy to say that I have been able to help a number of families in their quest for information, and this is the reason I am writing to you this evening.

I recently have come into contact with a couple of members of the 291st and other parties who also have an interest in this engineering regiment and am trying to ascertain some facts before creating pages regarding their WWII history. I am currently reading your book, First Across the Rhine and want to cross-reference their memories with the facts that you present.

I am trying to obtain data on two men; one a gentleman named William Todd, who was KIA on December 26, 1944 and the other, a Sergeant Vincent Consiglio from Co B, who is still alive and trying to find other living members of the 291st. Vincent has begun to share his memories with me through his son and so far I am very intrigued by his history.

Sergeant Consiglio would love to be able to get in touch with you, and be able to confirm the history of the 291st as he remembers it. As you know, 60 years have passed and he’d loved to talk about his experiences with someone who was there.

Well, talk about coincidences! I was just getting ready to mail this letter to you, when I received an email from Robert Hayes, regarding William Todd. He wrote to tell me that he’s in contact with you. He was just thrilled and as you can imagine, I am delighted to hear the news. So here I am making last minute changes before I send this off.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I look forward to hearing from you and I’ll be enjoying your book in the meantime.

Warm regards,

Marion J Chard

Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek

VI Corps, 540th Combat Engineer WWII

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com

Essayons!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
Sergeant Vincent Consiglio 291st CE - by Stevin - 10-01-2005, 06:00 AM
Sergeant Vincent Consiglio 291st CE - by Stevin - 10-03-2005, 04:25 AM
Sergeant Vincent Consiglio 291st CE - by Stevin - 10-10-2005, 05:17 AM
Sergeant Vincent Consiglio 291st CE - by Walt's Daughter - 10-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Sergeant Vincent Consiglio 291st CE - by juskitty - 11-21-2017, 07:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Searching info about Earl G. Ford, Staff Sergeant 147th CE Alain147 0 2,788 02-03-2022, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Alain147
  291st Engineer Combat Battalion Roster EngineerReenactor 9 21,429 02-01-2019, 02:42 PM
Last Post: mikel
  William S. Todd - 291st Engineer Walt's Daughter 3 10,259 10-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter